27 Out 2015
- We have now new data about the German ancestors of Petronella Marckart Schmitt
, one of the German immigrants that came 1825 to São Leopoldo. Thanks to Tobias Kraft, Lutheran Pastor of Bechenheim, Hessen, who has provided this data.
- As the family grows, the database also grows! Additionally to the German immigrants to Brazil that we already had, we now have a large number of immigrants from Sweden and Portugal.
27 Jun 2013
- There are two new ways of accessing data in this site. You may browse the places stored in the database directly on a
. This works for the "Heuser" database only.
For the case you know the name of a place or a person but not the exact
spelling, you may now perform a
. To access these options
use the "Find->Place Map" and "Find->Words search" menu entries.
05 May 2013
- Today I had an important breakthrough in my research.
I was able to find the German ancestors of the
immigrants that came to
Brazil in 1825. For the help I would like to thank to
and to the researchers that publish their data in the
22 Oct 2011
- Walter Lay from Germany has corrected the birth place of Heinrich Peter Müller
one of my wife's ancestors. With the help of Walter I was able to advance several generationrs in Germany.
09 Jan 2011
- The database was expanded with the ancestors and descendants of Henrique Desjardins
. Thank you to Roberto Ertel that provided me with data compiled by Cezar Desjardins, one of Henriques descendants.
29 Dec 2010
- Details and pictures of the descendendant of Carl Herwarth von Schwerin
Thanks to Hugo Schwerin Secco for providing me with the data.
18 Oct 2010
- Due to the research done by Gretel Bauermann, from Solingen, Germany, that kindly provided us with her data, I was able to advance a few generations more in Germany.
The database was expanded with the ancestors of Karl Wilhelm Iserhard
. Many thanks to Gretel Bauermann
20 Jun 2010
- I was able to advance a few generations of the ancestors of the immigrant Johann Jakob Ruppenthal
arrived in 1861. There were several Ruppenthal immigrants, some of them well documented, but for my branch I had no data in Germany. Many thanks to Heinz Schmidt a fellow genealogist that provided me
with the sources
in the Hunsrück region.